Business Meeting Minutes
November 19th, 2019
The regular meeting of the Libertarian Party of Orange County, Fl. was called to order at 7:54pm on November 19th, 2019 at The Village Inn by Chair – Derek Ryan.
Executive Committee: Chair – Derek Ryan, Mari Peele – Secretary, Greg Peele – Treasurer, Platform Chair – Wayne Jackman
Voting Members: Ralph Groves
Regular Members: Rob Casterline
Determination of Quorum (75% of Executive Committee or 25% of all voting members)
Quorum of voting members was established.
Approval and Adoption of Agenda
Greg Peele made a motion to adopt the agenda. The motion was seconded by Ralph Groves and passed unanimously.
Approval of the Minutes
Wayne Jackman made a motion to accept the minutes from the September 17th, 2019 business meeting. The motion was seconded by Greg Peele and passed unanimously.
Chair Report – No Report
Vice-Chair Report – No Report
Secretary Report – Mari Peele
Treasurer Report – Greg Peele
By-Laws Report – No Report
Communications Report – Greg Peele
Finance Report – No Report
Membership Report – No Report
Candidates Report – No Report
Platform Report – No Report
- Annual Elections
- Nominations for Chair:
- Ralph Groves was nominated for the position of Chair by Wayne Jackman and accepted the nomination.
- Ralph Groves was elected Chair by unanimous vote.
- Nominations for Vice-Chair:
- Derek Ryan was nominated for the position of Vice-Chair by Wayne Jackman and accepted the nomination.
- Derek Ryan was elected Vice-Chair by unanimous vote.
- Nominations for Secretary:
- Mari Peele was nominated for the position of Secretary by Wayne Jackman and accepted the nomination.
- Mari Peele was elected Secretary by unanimous vote.
- Nominations for Treasurer:
- Greg Peele was nominated for the position of Treasurer by Wayne Jackman and accepted the nomination.
- Greg Peele was elected Treasurer by unanimous vote.
- Nominations for Chair:
- Motion 2020-01:
Motion to Authorize an Annual Budget
- Mover: Greg Peele
- Second: Mari Peele
- Disposition: passed unanimously
Text: I move to authorize an annual budget of the following expenditures:
- Up to $100 for the Communications Committee to maintain IT services including renewing the email and domain name services.
- Up to $110 for the Finance Committee to renew the USPS PO Box and purchase mail supplies.
- Up to $250 for the Membership Committee to plan and conduct outreach events.
- Up to $120 for the Communications Committee to print flyers, brochures, and other materials as needed.
- Up to
$150 for the Communications Committee to sponsor social media advertising.
- Open Discussion
Greg Peele made a motion to adjourn. The motion was seconded by Wayne Jackman and passed unanimously.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:06pm by Chair – Derek Ryan. The next business meeting will be at 7:00pm on December 17th, 2019, at The Village Inn Restaurant.
Minutes submitted by: Mari Peele